Word Doc Accessibility
- Hyperlink text describes the link destination (no "click here").
- Simple images designed to convey information have alternative text.
- Decorative images are marked as decorative.
- Complex images such as charts and graphs have descriptive text near the image.
- No text is embedded in any image.
- All images are set to display Inline.
- There is sufficient contrast between text color and its background color.
- When color is used to convey information, other means of conveying that same information are provided.
Layout and formatting
- Document uses headings (Heading 1, Heading 2, etc.) to create a meaningful hierarchy of content.
- List styles are used for lists.
- Avoid text boxes. If they are used, test to make sure they will be presented in proper reading order. It is better to use columns, where possible.