Assistive Technology Software
In addition to the accessibility features that are readily available in modern operating systems, Accessible Technologies at Virginia Tech provides several tools to provide additional support for a wide variety of needs. The network software options are installed in AT Services and can be installed on any university-owned machine upon request. Stand-alone software is available for use on both University-owned equipment and personal devices.
- ZoomText: computer screen magnification, color filtering, many other features
- JAWS: screen reading, keyboard only navigation
- Read&Write: literacy support tool with text-to-speech and scanning
- EquatIO: math support tool for equation creation and math read-aloud
- Sonocent: audio notetaking software for digital notes
- Built-in: operating system accessibility
Accessibility Testing Software
- Grackle Suite tests Google suite docs, slides, and sheets for accessibility and exports accessible PDFs.
- Microsoft Office Accessibility Checker tests for many of the criteria required for document accessibility.
a literacy support tool with text-to-speech and scanning
a math support tool for equation creation and math read-aloud
an audio notetaking software tool for taking digital notes
an accessibility testing tool for Google Suite Docs, Slides, and Sheets and creation of accessible PDFs
- Grackle Suite