Computer Lab in Newman Library
AT Services Lab is closed until further notice.
The Assistive Technologies Services (AT Services) Lab in Newman Library helps ensure that students, employees, and people with disabilities have the appropriate technologies needed to access programs and services of the university. It is designed to be a quiet study space that supports a variety of disabilities and provides hardware and software-based assistive technologies. In addition to having iMacs running both macOS and Windows, AT Services includes specialized computer software, adaptive equipment, and individualized training.
Examples of assistive technologies supported by AT Services include:
- Computer screen magnification, color filtering, and many other features
- Video magnifiers with color filtering, auto highlighting, and other enhancements
- Screen readers
- Scan and read products
- Assistive reading and writing products
- Speech recognition for computer control and dictation
- Note taking software, organizers, and a variety of other assistive/adaptive tools
- Ergonomic (sit-to-stand) ADA-accessible tables for university computer workstations
The AT Services Lab in Newman Library is closed indefinitely. Virtual consultations are still available by emailing email@example.com.